Our marine properties continue to grow along the Pacific Northwest. Marina renovations have been completed in Mill Bay which is now a standard bearer for the rest of our marinas. 2016 has seen a swift and dramatic rebuild in Port Renfrew at the Pacific Gateway Marina and Port Browning Marina on North Pender Island will be beginning major transformations that will enhance the coastal community and retain its Gulf Island charm.
Pacific Gateway Development
Pacific Gateway Marina is nearing the end of the permitting phase of this exciting development. Construction is planned to start in 2016, and the future of access to the water in Port Renfrew is about to change. The fishing in Port Renfrew is World Class and our plans to upgrade the marina will provide the facilities to match.
- Construction of a rock breakwater that will provide 12 month of the year moorage protection.
- Increase of moorage slips from 50 – 60.
- Dry land boat storage for 40 boats
- Gas and diesel sales
- Improved boat launch
- On site Fish processing plant
- On site washrooms
Port Renfrew has long been known for world class ocean fishing, but that does not do this area justice. The untouched natural beauty of this area combined with easy access from major hubs such as Vancouver and Victoria help to complete the story. Pacific Gateway Marina is positioned to be your go to location for access to west coast ocean fishing, natural beauty and lifestyle. We have further plans and encourage you to stay in touch with us as we work through our development.
Reports and Assessments:
- Archeological and Cultural heritage site assessment by Millennia Research Limited. Pacific Gateway Marina Port Renfrew, BC, May 31 2012 and Aug01 2012.
- Supplemental Information to the biological assessments of the proposed Marina Expansion, Port Renfrew, By Castor Consultants Ltd, September 2014
- Pacific Gateway Marina, Port Renfrew, BC.- Sediment Sampling Data Report by Northwest Hydraulic Consultants, Dated October 31 , 2014.
- Lab results from Ryzuk Geotechnical re: Net Acid generation tests, dated May 27 , 2014
- Sediment assessment at Pacific gateway Marina, Port Renfrew, BC, by Northwest Hydraulic Consultants, Dated December 09th, 2013.
- Biophysical Assessment of Proposed Gateway Marina Modifications – Port Renfrew, BC, by Castor Consultants, Dated 2012.
- Hugh Tuttle, P, Eng. design drawings , dated 2012
- Terra remote sensing bathymetric survey, dated November 2008.
MK Bay Expansion
Since our purchase of the MK Bay Marina in March 2015, we have been repairing, cleaning, streamlining, organizing and planning. We are now proud to share our Phase 1 Improvement plans, as illustrated below.
- Installing a floating breakwater to protect from incoming waves (completion Spring 2016)
- Increasing the moorage from 130 slips to 180 slips (planned completion for 2016 season)
- Repairing, renovating or replacing all docks and fingers as necessary
- Improving the power distribution on the docks
- Construction and installation of an onsite fish processing plant (planned completion for 2016 season)
- Improvements to the onsite campground
- Improvements to the dry land storage.
The improvements to marina will provide a better, bigger and safer marina to enjoy this beautiful area from. The fish processing plant will be a game changer and allow you to have your sport caught fish processed, vacuum packed and frozen on site allowing you to get your daily catch home fresher and safer with less work than ever before. Improvements to the dryland storage area will allow for a safer and more convenient experience for boat owners and trades alike. While improving our facility, we are also laying out a number of utility improvements in preparation for further long term improvements.
We look forward to welcoming you to a bright and bold new marine future here in beautiful Kitimat BC.
Welcoming Port Browning
We are excited to add Pender Island's Port Browning to our family of marinas. Plans are under way to update the marina adding additional moorage opportunities. The full service marina will also have renovations to the pub and cafe.